WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small test files generated by a website in use and stored in the user's web browser. They record the user's browsing activity; the data recorded can be used for next sessions. For instance, cookie files permit to a website to keep the information entered into form fields whilst passing from one page to another; they also permit to analyze the way in which a website is explored. Cookie files are secure because they are only able to save the data that has been entered through the interface of the browser itself, such as an account access codes, or is already contained in the requested page. Cookies cannot be transformed in codes and therefore be used for an unauthorized access to the user's computer. If a website encrypts data in cookies, this website will be the only one able to read them.
There exist two broad categories of cookie files:
- technical cookies
- profiling cookies.
Technical cookies are generally used to ensure the correct functioning of the website and permit its browsing. Their absence would obstruct the correct display of web pages or use of some its services. For example, technical cookies are essential to maintain connection of the identified user throughout the session, or to save the settings of language, display ets.
Technical cookies can be subdivided into:
- navigation cookies that guarantee the normal use and navigation of the website (permitting the user, for instance, to make an on-line purchase or to accede to an on-line account through identification);
- analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies providing they are used by the website administrator exclusively to collect, in aggregated form, statistical information on the number of users and their browsing activity on the website;
- functional cookies which permit to organize web navigation according to selected criteria (for example, web page language or items added to the on-line cart for future purchase) in order to make on-line services more accessible.
Profiling cookies are designed to profile the user and are used for sending advertising materials according to the preferences demonstrated by the user during the session.
Cookie files can also be classified as follows:
- session cookies that are canceled immediately at the end of the session by closure of the browser;
- persistent cookies, on the contrary of the former, are kept in the memory of the browser for a certain time even after the closure of the browser. They are used, for example, to recognize the device which attempts a connection to the website in order to facilitate the identification procedure.
- first-party cookies, generated directly by the domain of the website in use.
- third-party cookies are generated and managed by domains different from the one that belongs to the website in use.
WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use technical cookies to guarantee the correct functioning of our website.
We use analytics third-party cookies: Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. that sends cookies to the device you browse through. The collected data does not identificate the user but provides statistic information about the browsing itself: visited pages, session duration, kind of browser in use, geographical data.
Google Analytics used on this website is set so that to anonymize the IP-address of the user.
In order to disable the analytics cookies and prevent Google Analytics from collecting browsing data, download the plug-in that deactivates Google Analytics:
For more information:
We also use the third-party cookies as follows:
- Google Fonts:
Google Fonts is a fonts display service run by Google Inc. It permits to this website to integrate various fonts into its pages.
It is also possible to visit the website www.aboutcookies.org for more information about how to set/erase cookies according to kind of a web browser in use. The actions to undertake differ for each particular web browsing program. You can find the instructions in the section “Help” of your browser's menu. If you use different devices make sure that each device's browser is set so that to satisfy your preferences. Browsers permit you to display the cookies saved within your device so that you can eliminate them partially or totally.
Each browser has its own procedure for setting and deactivation of cookies. In order to refuse the consent for cookies use, please follow the instructions below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on the “Tools” icon in the top right corner and select “Internet options”. In the pop-up window select “Privacy”. For more information follow this link:
Click on the wrench tool symbol in the top right corner and select “Settings”. Then select “Advanced settings” (“Under the hood”) and modify the settings in the “Privacy” section. For more information follow this link:
Select “Options” in the drop-down menu in the top left corner. In the pop-up window select “Privacy”. For more information follow this link:
Select “Preferences” in the drop-down settings menu in the top right corner. Here select “Security”. For more information follow this link:
If you are not using any of the browsers named above, you may locate the folder containing cookie files through the file explorer program by entering the word “cookie” in the search field.
The message above does not concern third-party websites to which the access can be gained trough the present website. We decline any responsibility for their actions. The typology of cookie files in use and personal data processing procedures applied by those companies are regulated in accordance with similar informative messages published by the companies on the websites of their own.